1) Why did I ever think a race at the crack of dawn in the winter was a good idea?
2) 13.1 miles. That’s doable, right? That’s like 6 miles two times plus a little extra.
3) This isn’t so bad. I love race day energy.
4) A water station after the first mile? What kind of wimp already needs water?
5) Ok maybe a little water would be nice. I’ll skip the next water station.
6) These people who are passing me are probably going out too fast. They won’t be laughing when I’m passing them at mile 12.
7) I’m really cruising, all that training paid off.
8) “If you want my body and you think I’m sexy….”
9) This is starting to hurt in places I didn’t know could hurt.
10) I thought I’d covered all the chafe-able spots.
11) Think happy thoughts. What will my first post-race meal be?
12) “Is this how I die?”
13) Would I be considered an American hero if I died during a half marathon?
14) Shut up, Emma.
15) Ok halfway there, that’s good!
16) HALFWAY FU***** THERE? I have to do all that again?
17) There is a literal layer of salt forming on top of my skin.
18) French fries, french fries, french fries, all the french fries.
19) The winner has already been done for like an hour.
20) If I quit my job and dedicated my life to running could I win this thing?
21) I probably could.
22) I don’t even like running.
23) Maybe I should be a professional swimmer.
24) Ohh finish line I see you! I SEE YOU!
25) That was kinda fun, maybe I’ll do a full marathon next time.